News» Go to news main
Celebrating the MBA 50th anniversary
MBA program director Dan Shaw, Rowe School director Benoit Aubert and Faculty of Management interim dean Vivian Howard with members of the MBA class of 1969.
Four members of Dalhousie's first MBA class, Vaughn Hibbits, Doug Hazen, Lloyd Pelton and Hugh Brown visited the Rowe School of Business today to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the MBA program and meet the MBA class of 2020.
Read more about the class of 1950
When a 19-year-old Hugh Brown enrolled in Dal’s first MBA program in 1967, there were only about 10 other people in his class, courses were held in houses around campus, and his classmates were all older and had been working. It was a “very folksy” experience, as he now remembers it.
Read the full story celebrating the MBA program over the years: Dalhousie MBA turns 50.
- Congratulations to our Sobey Awards for Excellence in Business Studies recipients
- Celebrating management teaching excellence
- Release: Millennial CEOs are ready to take over, according to STEP 2019 Global Family Business Survey
- Grad profile: “Stretch yourself and do something you’ve never done before”
- Dal MBA cracks QS 2020 Global MBA rankings
- Celebrating the MBA 50th anniversary
- New award honours inspirational Commerce graduate
- Grad profile: Outside the comfort zone