Phillip M Saunders, KC
Associate Professor of Law; Associate Professor, School for Resource and Environmental Studies; Research Fellow, Centre for the Study of Security and Development
PO Box 15000 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
- Law of the sea
- Environmental law
- International environmental law
- Tort law and damage compensation
- International law
- Oil and gas law
- BA (Hon) (Dalhousie)
- MA (Dalhousie)
- LLB (Dalhousie)
- Nova Scotia
Research interests include maritime boundary delimitation, public international law of the sea, law of sovereign immunity and offshore oil and gas regulation.
Selected awards & honours
- Queen's Counsel (NS), 2012
- Dean (2005-2010)
- Acting Dean (2001-2002)
- Phillip Saunders, “The Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission: Management Challenges and Development Imperatives” in D. VanderZwaag & D. Russell, eds, Recasting Transboundary Fisheries Management Arrangements In Light of Sustainability Principles (Martinus Nijhoff, 2010).
- Phillip Saunders & D. VanderZwaag, “Canada and St. Pierre and Miquelon Transboundary Relations: Battles and Bridges” in D. Russell & D. VanderZwaag, eds, Recasting Transboundary Fisheries Management Arrangements In Light of Sustainability Principles (Martinus Nijhoff, 2010).
- Phillip Saunders & R. Finn, “A Principled Approach to Property Rights in Canadian Aquaculture” in D. VanderZwaag & G. Chao, eds, Aquaculture Law and Policy: Towards Principled Access and Operations (Routledge, 2006).
- H. Kindred et al, International Law, Chiefly As Interpreted and Applied in Canada (Toronto: Emond Montgomery, 2006).