News» Go to news main
First Homecoming of the third century: Come back to campus
This year, we welcome back our alumni and friends to campus from September 27-30 for Dalhousie’s Homecoming 2018.
The first Homecoming of our third century will be filled with many celebrations, family-friendly events, musical performances, the annual 5th President’s Fun Run/Walk, Tigers and Rams games, Ignite: Dal’s Third Century gala dinner, parties, and so much more…a celebration not to be missed.
On Thursday, September 27th, the Coast-to-Coast tour continues in Truro at the MacRae Library. This event pays homage to the impact and influence of alumni and friends and will be a memorable and inspiring evening of celebration, steeped in Maritime flavour and flair.
On Friday, September 28th, the premier event of Dalhousie’s 2018 Homecoming weekend, Ignite: Dal’s Third Century, will take place at the Halifax Convention Centre in Halifax. This evening promises to be an experience not to be missed!
Plan to get up early on Saturday, September 29th to take part in the President’s Fun Run/Walk – Health Challenge. In its fifth year, we challenge our alumni, their families, friends and pets to take part in this relaxed and fun event. As an added challenge this year, both Medicine and Dentistry have been asked to join us (but let’s make sure Health keeps the title).
After enjoying refreshments after the Fun Run/Walk, and experiencing the benefits of Dal Physio clinic volunteers on site, there will be numerous activities to keep you busy all day and evening.
The College of Pharmacy will be hosting a Dal CPE Refresher as well as a Pharmacy Student Poster Session. They will also be hosting reunions for the Classes of 1988, 1983, 1976 and 1969, so be sure to welcome proud alumni back home!
The Dalhousie Student Union will be presenting the Black and Gold Carnival, an all-day festival on the Studley quad. There will be games, activities, music, food and more! Family friendly and open to all. In the afternoon you can then make your way to Wickwire Field to show your support for the Dal Tigers Football Club as they host the Holland Hurricanes in regular season Atlantic Football League action.
Dal alumni are also invited to experience the unforgettable feeling of cruising Halifax Harbour in style and comfort aboard the Tall Ship Silva Cocktail Cruise. This a not an official Homecoming event, but groups are encouraged to enjoy and book online using alumni code Dal200 for a 20% discount. Book early as seating is limited.
See you in September!
- More than fun and games: PhD in Health student advancing knowledge on the importance of play for African Nova Scotian girls
- Summer homework for families? Go outside and play!
- MEET DAL HEALTH'S 2020‑21 VANIER AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Message from the Dean ‑ June 2020
- Employee Milestone Recognition Awards
- RN & PhD candidate Keisha Jefferies interviewed in"What anti‑racist equitable health care looks like and why it is important"
- Dal Health (Nursing) PhD Scholar Leah Carrier receives 2020 Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship
- Indigenous‑Academic Collaboration Aims on Transforming Health Research in Mi’kma’ki, Labrador and Beyond