News» Go to news main
Let's get moving: Canada releases first policy focused on physical activity
Canada has just released its first ever singular policy focused on physical activity, A Common Vision for Increasing Physical Activity and Reducing Sedentary Living in Canada: Let’s Get Moving.
Recognizing the critical public health issues related to inactivity and sedentary behaviour, the federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) Ministers responsible for sport, physical activity and recreation directed officials to address population-level physical activity. The resulting Common Vision was designed for all organizations, communities and leaders that have or could have a stake in addressing these issues.
Read the policy:
- Dal Health Researchers Have Study Published in JAMA Pediatrics
- Researchers partner with Synaptive Medical to study novel head‑dedicated MRI for emergency medicine
- Examining the role occupational therapy plays in treating mental illness
- School of OT's Dr. Nikki Kiepeck interviewed on the health benefits of "Dry January."
- How 'weight bias' is harming us all
- How body ideals shape the health of gay men
- Holiday Greetings from Dal Health!
- Profiles in Leadership: Dr. Marion Brown