News» Go to news main
Let's get moving: Canada releases first policy focused on physical activity
Canada has just released its first ever singular policy focused on physical activity, A Common Vision for Increasing Physical Activity and Reducing Sedentary Living in Canada: Let’s Get Moving.
Recognizing the critical public health issues related to inactivity and sedentary behaviour, the federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) Ministers responsible for sport, physical activity and recreation directed officials to address population-level physical activity. The resulting Common Vision was designed for all organizations, communities and leaders that have or could have a stake in addressing these issues.
Read the policy:
- What it Means to Give Back...Dawn Frail and Rebecca Boyd Whittico
- Healthy Living, Healthy Life Wrap‑up
- Homecoming 2018
- Career Opportunity: Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure Track, (Tier 2) CRC, in Resilience
- Team Health Sciences win 2018 Dal Health Fun Run Challenge
- From Africville to Alton Gas
- Dal Health contributes to Canada's first "State of the Nation" report on children's physical literacy
- Nova Scotia Integrated Health and Research Strategy