News» Go to news main
Let's get moving: Canada releases first policy focused on physical activity
Canada has just released its first ever singular policy focused on physical activity, A Common Vision for Increasing Physical Activity and Reducing Sedentary Living in Canada: Let’s Get Moving.
Recognizing the critical public health issues related to inactivity and sedentary behaviour, the federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) Ministers responsible for sport, physical activity and recreation directed officials to address population-level physical activity. The resulting Common Vision was designed for all organizations, communities and leaders that have or could have a stake in addressing these issues.
Read the policy:
- Dal Health Study Break Challenge!
- Dal Health brought their school spirit in Varsity Health Challenge
- ‘Don’t forget about us’: PhD in Health student researching volunteer firefighters’ mental health
- Consider This... Canadians redefining themselves
- Dr. Michael Ungar op‑ed featured in Chronicle Herald
- Dal Health Researcher Dr. Amy Bombay featured in Chatelaine Magazine
- New Beginnings: Five Questions for Dr. Brenda Merritt as a new academic year begins
- Convocation Q&A: Carolyn Crane