News» Go to news main
Let's get moving: Canada releases first policy focused on physical activity
Canada has just released its first ever singular policy focused on physical activity, A Common Vision for Increasing Physical Activity and Reducing Sedentary Living in Canada: Let’s Get Moving.
Recognizing the critical public health issues related to inactivity and sedentary behaviour, the federal, provincial and territorial (FPT) Ministers responsible for sport, physical activity and recreation directed officials to address population-level physical activity. The resulting Common Vision was designed for all organizations, communities and leaders that have or could have a stake in addressing these issues.
Read the policy:
- Celebrating Achievement
- A look back in time at Lucy Maud Montgomery's Dalhousie
- Visiting scholar notes coproduction of research is key to implantation of evidence informed health practice and policy
- Looking to the future of health
- What it means to give back: Chris Cluett and Justin Whittle
- First Homecoming of the third century: Come back to campus
- Alumni outside the box: Joanna Clarke
- Future leaders in healthcare: Meet our PhD in Health students