The School of Health Administration is active in the community and well connected to local and national health systems, giving our faculty and students access to the expertise of health leaders at local, regional and provincial levels. Many senior leaders in these health systems hold honorary or part-time appointments in the School.
The School enjoys strong links with:
- Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness,
- Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Healthy Populations Institute
- Population Health Research Unit
- Department of Community Health and Epidemiology
- Health Law Institute,
- Nationally, the School is a member of the Canadian College of Health Leaders, the Canadian Society of International Health and the Canadian Public Health Association.
Students in the School of Health Administration have many opportunities to volunteer. It's a chance to give back to the community, while also gaining valuable skills. Organizations that students have volunteered for include HOPES Health Centre, North End Community Health Centre - just to name a few!
We're privleged to have health leaders from across Canada as part of our community. We asked some of them their opinions about the past, present and future of our health care system. Students Past and Present