Scholarship at a glance
Value: Equal to eligible tuition fees
Scholarship type: Entrance or in-program
Degree level: Doctoral
Available to: Canadian and international students
The President’s Awards are intended to recognize the high academic achievements of students who have successfully been awarded major scholarships from the Killam doctoral or Tri-agency doctoral competitions.
The award will cover full-time program tuition fees for up to two years, excluding incidental fees.
Eligible students will hold a full doctoral scholarship from one of these specified funding programs:
- NSERC (PGSD, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- SSHRC (Doctoral, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- CIHR (Doctoral, CGSD, Vanier CGS)
- Killam (Doctoral)
The award will be granted for each term (up to a maximum of six terms) that you are:
- registered as a full-time student within the first four years of your program
- paying full tuition (i.e., not continuing fees)
- receiving a full doctoral scholarship from one of the specified agencies
- tuition is not covered by any other award, agency or government
There is no need to apply. If you are meet the eligibility requirements listed above, you will be automatically considered for one of the President’s Awards.
If you have been selected for an award, the Faculty of Graduate Studies will notify you and your department following your admission. The award will be verified and applied to your tuition each term for the duration of the award.