News» Go to news main
Dal dentistry researcher wins Mitacs Award for work that could help patients spend less time in the clinic
Brazilian dentist, orthodontist, and PhD candidate Cristiane Maucoski spent 11 months as a researcher in the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie University. When she arrived in Halifax in September 2021, her goals were to improve her English, learn more research methodologies, and take advantage of laboratory facilities and equipment not available to her in Brazil.
Winning the Mitacs Award for Outstanding Innovation – International was not on her list of goals, but that’s exactly what she did on November 22, 2022, in Ottawa. It is, she says, “an incentive to keep working and keep learning”.
- Easing pain and fear: The heartwarming experience of paediatric dentistry
- Former director channels passion for dental hygiene into opportunities for students
- A warm welcome to our new first‑year students
- How I spent my summer: A big leap forward
- Lindsey Cavanagh receives the first Glenda M. Butt Bursary in Dental Hygiene
- Get ready to volunteer!
- Meet Dr. Ferne Kraglund, associate dean of student affairs
- Meet Dr. Sachin Seth, associate dean of academic affairs