Continuing Dental Education
Working to meet dental professionals' needs
Our Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) provides outstanding educational opportunities for dental professionals. We work closely with faculty, dental and dental hygiene societies and professionals in private practice to design programs to meet the dental community's needs.
Each year, we offer programs by local and international experts. The programs are both lecture and participation format and are designed to maximize attendees' learning opportunities.
If you're interested in seeing a particular topic or presenter at the Faculty of Dentistry, we welcome your suggestions. Please contact us at 902. 494.1674 or email@example.com.
2018-2019 Continuing Dental Education Program
2018/19 CE Calendar is now available [PDF 67KB]
CE Course registration form [PDF 28KB]
Faculty of Dentistry Homecoming Weekend - 2018
September 27 to 29, 2018
Dentistry Homecoming Events
Saturday, September 29, 2018 | Continuing Dental Education - CE Day
Come home to Dal Dentistry and a special 200th anniversary Homecoming Weekend. The Faculty of Dentistry is holding a full day of continuing education sessions, presented by alumni. Sessions include:
Plenary session: The role of dentists in the opioid crisis: a presentation and panel discussion [37KB], Chair: Dr. Debora Matthews, Speakers: Ms. Pamela McLean-Vessey and Dr. Kudirat Jimoh, Panelists: Drs. Maureen Allen, James Brady, Chris Lee, John Fraser
- Dental care for children with autism spectrum disorder and silver diamine fluoride: How to implement it into your clinical practice [40KB] Dr. Isabelle Chase, Dr. Tracy Doyle
- Communicating with limited English proficiency patients and discovering new worlds of oral pathology in new Canadians [41KB], Dr. Sara Gordon, Prof. Heather Doucette
- Oral manifestation of systematic diseases - the mouth as the window into the body [40KB], Dr. Carol Anne Murdoch-Kinch
- Approach to interpetation of cone beam computed tomograph and clinical pharmacology [38KB], Dr. Curtis Gregoire, Dr. Chris Lee
- Preventing impacted maxillary canines in 9 to 10-year-old patients & care of patients with cleft lip and palate [41KB], Dr. Jean-Charles Doucet, Dr. Kathy Russell
- The millennial patient and the colourful world of piercing and other bod mods [38KB], Dr. Sara Gordon, Dr. Sachin Seth
- What is current in dental hygiene practice: Short presentations [41KB]
- Effective biofilm and stain removal, Prof. Heather Doucette
- Oral cancer screening: breaking the time barrier, Prof. Kim Haslam
- Silver diamine fluoride: what's all the buzz about?, Prof. Teanne MacCallum
- Facial trauma [37KB], Dr. James Brady, Dr. Robert Green
Other Homecoming events, September 27 - September 29, 2018
Other Faculty of Dentistry homecoming events that you may wish to participate in are the grand opening of the new clinic, clinic tours, the White Coat ceremony, JD McLean lecture, and the Faculty of Dentistry Homecoming Celebration Dinner.
Dalhousie CE on the road
Join the Faculty of Dentistry for Continuing Dental Education events in St. John's NL, this fall. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Saturday, October 13, 2018 | Paediatric Dentistry Update 2018, Dr. Ross Anderson
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 | Contemporary fixed prosthodontics, Dr. Pierre-Luc Michaud
Special 2-day CE course
Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27, 2018
Obstructive sleep apnea: A multi-health disciplinary approach with an emphasis on oral appliances, Drs. Fernanda Almeida and Reg Goodday
Course cancellation policy
Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Dentistry reserves the right to cancel any course if there is not sufficient registration or there are circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a cancellation, please submit your request for a refund by fax or email.
Registration withdrawal policy
If you are withdrawing your registration from a course, notify us by fax or email before the early bird deadline date. All course withdrawals are subject to a $50 processing fee, with the exception of the local anesthesia course, which is subject to a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be issued when participants withdraw their registration after the early bird date.
Occasionally a photographer may be present at courses and take photographs of instructors and attendees for marketing and advertising purposes. Participants who do not wish to be photographed should inform a Continuing Dental Education staff member.