News» Go to news main
Dr. Mark Filiaggi awarded Early Stage Commercialization Funding
Dr. Mark Filiaggi, Department of Applied Oral Sciences, along with co-investigators Dr. Bob Abraham and PhD student Arash Momeni, has been awarded $49,500 of Early Stage Commercialization Funding from Innovacorp for "Commercialization of CaP Liquid Embolic System."
This funding will help develop and commercialize a liquid embolic material. This new material is designed to be injected into blood vessels where it will form a solid or gel-like embolus (blockage).
Embolization is commonly used to stop uncontrolled bleeding or to block blood flow to a target tissue, such as a tumour. The researchers believe this new material will have several advantages over existing liquid embolics and intend to initially focus its use on the treatment of tumours.
- Taking oral health to school
- 2022 Impact Award winner Heba Al‑Ameri
- Grad profile: Jennifer Johnson DDH'21
- Grad profile: Mohammad Alshateel DDS'21
- Grad profile: Gabriel Ogando DDH'21
- Grad profile: Micheline Jamael and Catherine Murphy (DDS'21)
- Dr. Ahmad Hussein: Green, clean, and community focused
- It's the tooth: We appreciate our dental assistants