2022‑23 Cinema and Media Studies Elective Classes
The following electives taught in 2022-23 can count toward the degree in Cinema & Media Studies. Unless otherwise indicated, they are taught at Dalhousie or the University of King’s College.
- *CLAS 2515: Myth Into Film (Online, asynchronous). Note: this course does not always count towards the Major, but it will this Fall.
- *CTMP: Mass and Digital Media Culture (MW 10:05 – 11:25)
- ENGL 2095: Narrative in the Cinema (M 17:35 – 20:25)
- FILM 2346/RUSN 2046: Eastern European Cinema: War, Love, and Revolutions (Online, asynchronous)
- FILM 3320/ITAL 3600: Italian National Cinema: The New Wave (W 14:35 – 17:25)
- FILM 3350/CHIN 3050: Topics in Asian Cinemas. Topic: Chinese-language Cinemas. (W 17:35 – 20:25)
- FILM 3401/CANA 3401/INDG 3401: Indigenous Representation in Film (W 14:35 – 17:25)
- FILM 4393: Special Topics in Theatre and Cinema. Topic: Interactions between Theatre and Cinema on Stage and Screen. (MW 11:35 – 12:55)
- *HSTC 2500: Science Fiction in Film (M 17:35 – 20:55)
- FILM 2337/RUSN 2037: Russian Film II (Online, asynchronous)
- FILM 2350: Studies in Film Directors. Topic: Alfonso Cuaron and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (MW 13:05 – 14:25)
- FILM 3331/GWST 3331: Film Theory II: Desire in Cinema (TR 16:05 – 17:25)
- FILM 3915/THEA 3915: Stars and Stardom on Stage and Screen (WF 16:05 – 17:25)
- FILM 4392: Point of View in the Cinema (M 18:05 – 20:55)
Offered Both Terms:
- *FILM 4101 and FILM 4103/4104 are Apprenticeship classes and require an application. For more information, including deadlines for applications, please visit: https://cdn.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/faculty/arts/performing-arts/2020%20revised%20Apprenticeship%20Guidelines_Forms.pdf
*Counts only towards the CMS Major/Combined Honours, not the Film Minor.
For electives taught at NSCAD University and Saint Mary’s University, please visit https://halifaxfilmstudies.wordpress.com/this-years-electives/.