Summer Program Awards
Summer Program Awards
The FSPA Summer Program Awards provide financial assistance for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Funding supports summer programs that enhance undergraduate studies in Theatre, Music or Cinema and Media Studies. Acceptable programs could be relevant international courses run by Dalhousie or special summer programs offered by other universities or organizations in Canada and beyond. The program must take place during summer (May-August).
- To be eligible, you must be a current undergraduate student having declared a major in Music, Theatre, or Cinema and Media Studies. A GPA of 3.3 or above is required and financial need may be a factor in decision-making.
- Please note that several awards of $1,000 minimum are available specifically for qualified student participants in Dalhousie's Advanced Seminar in Baroque Culture, which takes place in the Czech Republic.
- Funding supports summer programs, including foreign language courses, conference travel, and research travel. The program must take place during summer (May-August).
- To be eligible, you must be a current student registered in the MA Musicology with a GPA of 3.7 or above. Financial need may be a factor in decision-making.
- Priority will be given to programs that relate directly to students’ thesis research.
All forms are available online https://www.dal.ca/faculty/arts/school-of-performing-arts/about/scholarships-and-awards.html or in hard copy from the Fountain School office. The deadline for applications is normally January 31.
1. Complete the Summer Program Award application form.
2. Complete the Details of Financial Needs form.
3. Submit forms 1 and 2 above to the FSPA Student Affairs Committee, c/o Fountain School office (Room 514, Dal Arts Centre).
4. Give a copy of the Summer Program Award faculty confidential recommendation form to a faculty member who has agreed to act as your referee. The faculty member will submit the form directly to the Committee.
These awards are made possible by the generous donation made by the Fountain family to the performing arts at Dalhousie. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.