Internal Funding Sources
Funding Opportunities with FASS
We support faculty research ijn FASS through awards and opportunities including:
- FASS DFA Travel Grant Application (national or international travel): [form-fillable PDF]
- Burgess Research Award
- Publishing Support Program (Society & Culture Research Fund): Deadline February 15.
- RDF programs have three deadlines: June 15; October 15; January 15:
- Visiting speakers (up to $1000);
- Travel grant to international conferences (up to $1500).
- Please note there are also internal SSHRC-funded programs run through Research Services.
Please note: "full-time faculty" for the purposes of all RDF programs refers to faculty with at least 50% positions.
Administrative note: FASS DFA grants are handled through the Dean's Office, so please contact the office with any queries; Burgess and RDF (travel & speaker) applications are administered by the Research Development Committee, and queries can be addressed to the Associate Dean Research (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dalhousie Research Services
Research Services provides information on a variety of research funds and grants. Internal forms for Sabbatical leave, Investigator Checklists, and Reduced Salary forms can be found here.
Graduate Studies Funding
Faculty of Graduate Studies funding opportunities provides information on scholarships and fellowships, bursaries, special Dalhousie awards, travel grants and more.