Internal Funding Sources
Funding Opportunities with FASS
We support research within the faculty through awards and opportunities including:
- FASS DFA Travel Grant Application (national or international travel): [form-fillable PDF]
Memo from PDC: DFA Travel Fund update (Oct 1, 2020)
- Burgess Research Award
- Publishing Support Program (Society & Culture Research Fund): Deadline February 15.
- To acknowledge the continued impacts of COVID-19, for the 2021-22 academic year the Research Development Committee will offer our two original RDF Visiting Speaker and International Travel programs, as well as the three new programs introduced last year, all with three deadlines: June 15, 2021; October 15, 2021; and January 15, 2022:
- Visiting speakers (up to $1000);
- Travel grant to international conferences (up to $1500);
- Honoraria for virtual visiting speakers ($400);
- Emergency COVID research fund (up to $400);
- and Graduate RAships ($1000).
Please note: "full-time faculty" for the purposes of all RDF programs refers to faculty with at least 50% positions.
Administrative note: FASS DFA grants are handled through the Dean's Office, so please contact the office with any queries; Burgess and RDF (travel & speaker) applications are administered by the Research Development Committee, and queries can be addressed to the Associate Dean Research.
Dalhousie Research Services
Research Services provides information on a variety of research funds and grants. Internal forms for Sabbatical leave, Investigator Checklists, and Reduced Salary forms can be found here.
Graduate Studies Funding
Faculty of Graduate Studies funding opportunities provides information on scholarships and fellowships, bursaries, special Dalhousie awards, travel grants and more.