MSc in Agriculture
The MSc program with a specialization in Agriculture is designed to provide a foundation for studies at the doctoral level and for professional careers in research and development, teaching, industry and extension.
Work alongside our global experts to address the significant challenges to local and global sustainability, food security and health and well-being targeted by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. You can help make a difference.
- Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics and Rural Studies: Consumer Behaviour; Agribusiness and Management; Food Demand; Production Economics; Resource and Environmental Economics; Rural Development; Agriculture, Food and Well Being; Professional Practice
- Bioresources and Environmental Sciences: Waste Management, Environmental Microbiology, Ecology, Pest Management, Agricultural Systems, Resource Management, Food Science, Agricultural Chemistry, Soil Chemistry, Nutrient Management, Soil Fertility, Soil Conservation, Soil Management, Bioproduct Science, Environmental Stress Physiology, Entomology, resource economics
- Animal Science: Nutrition, Animal Behaviour, Genetics and Breeding, Animal Product Technology, Physiology, Animal Management, Aquaculture (Shell-Fish and Fin-Fish culture)
- Plant Science: Cropping Systems Management, Plant Genetics, Nutrition, Pathology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Horticulture
- Agricultural Engineering: Precision and Digital Agriculture, Mechanized Systems, Machine Learning, Sensing and Automation, Innovative Processing, Alternative and Green Energy, Biofuels and Bioproducts, Water Management Systems
Candidates must satisfy the common admission criteria to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, as well as the specific for the Faculty of Agriculture. For full admissions criteria, please review the Faculty of Agriculture Graduate Application [PDF - 97 kB].
* Please note that Confirmed Supervision by a member of the Faculty of Agriculture is REQUIRED to be admitted to our graduate programs.
All additional required documents must be sent directly to:
Graduate Studies Office
Faculty of Agriculture, Dalhousie University
62 Cumming Drive
Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada, B2N 5E3
Specific enquiries related to Faculty of Agriculture admission requirements should be addressed to: email@example.com
General enquiries related to graduate studies should be directed to the Faculty of Graduate Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition and Fees
All tuition fee schedules can be found under Money Matters
Health and Dental Coverage
DSU Health and Dental Plan – This is mandatory to all Dalhousie students (Canadian and International) who do not have an alternative medical/dental plan.
DSU International Health Plan
The International Student Health Plan is also mandatory if you do not hold an MSI card or have health coverage from their home country.