Definition of Suspensions/Terminations of Undergraduate Programs
Senate approval is delegated to SAPRC. Suspensions or terminations would include:
- Suspension of admission of a degree or diploma;
- Termination of a degree or diploma;
- Termination of a major or honours program within an existing degree
Approval Process Chart
All academic program submissions to the Faculty of Graduate Studies or Senate must be submitted under a Dean’s signature.
|Faculty Deans must consult at an early stage with the Provost & Vice-President Academic on each concept paper and program proposal.
1Please consult with the Faculty Dean as each Faculty approval process may vary.
Forms to be Completed/Reviewed
- MPHEC Program Proposal Information and Forms:
- If, at this time, only suspension of admission to the program is requested please use the Suspension of Program form (PDF)
- AACHHR program proposal form for termination of health programs for Health Professions, Dentistry and Medicine (see note below)
Note on Health and Health-Related Programs
Submissions to AACHHR must be made under the signature of the Provost and Vice-President Academic. Please contact the Executive Director, Provost Office, 902-494-2591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program submissions of health and health-related program proposals to the MPHEC must be accompanied by a letter from the AACHHR, indicating their support of the proposed program. The MPHEC’s program assessment criteria differ from those of AACHHR; as a result, AACHHR support does not guarantee MPHEC approval.
More information about AACHHR information requirements, including relevant contact information, can be found here. Notwithstanding the AACHHR’s information requirements, all health and health-related proposals submitted to the MPHEC must be drafted using the MPHEC Information Requirements for new, modified, or terminated programs.