Educational Material & Training
Learn how you can live more sustainably:
Dalhousie's Employee & Organizational Development and the Office of Sustainability conduct semi-regular sessions geared toward employees at Dalhousie. The Employee Sustainability Leadership Program (Six, 3-hour modules plus project), is offered every second year. The next Employee Sustainability Leadership Program will be held May 2021.
The Dal Bike Centre offers educational programs on bike safety and maintenance.
Training and outreach is provided to students and employees on topics such as green building and sustainability in residences.
For more information or to organize training with our office contact email@example.com
Rethink Posters and Stickers
Visual prompts are available to university groups. These prompts (posters and stickers) encourage people to reflect on their actions throughout their daily activities, such as turning off electrical appliances when not in use. Prompts help individuals to create habits for little things that can make a big difference when we all do them collectively.
Please select what posters and stickers you would like and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your selection and the name of your department or residence. We will send them through interdepartmental mail.
Rethink Educational Youtube videos
Visit the rethink youtube channel to view some funny and educational videos about rethinking sustainability on the Dalhousie campus. Forward these humorous videos around to your rethink team members to inspire them!
Rethink Sustainability Manual
Rethink Sustainability Manual Activities:
- Baseline Sustainability Assessment [PDF - 114KB]
- Energy Star Calculator [PDF - 148KB]
- Second Hand Clothing Drive [PDF - 116KB]
- Recycling Mania [PDF - 132KB]
- 30 Tips in 30 Days [PDF - 129KB]
- The Commuter Challenge [PDF - 129KB]
- Expressing Sustainability Concepts Through Arts and Crafts [PDF - 116KB]
- 160 Kilometre Picnic [PDF - 135KB]
- Flea Market [PDF - 130KB]
- 'Seasoned' Bake Sale [PDF - 149KB]
- Sustainability Jeopardy Rules [PDF - 112KB]
- Film Screening [PDF - 161KB]
- Theme Days [PDF - 119KB]
- Sustainability Tours [PDF - 116KB]
- Investigate Biodiversity [PDF - 113KB]
- Calculate Your Eco-Footprint [PDF - 132KB]
Rethink Sustainability Manual appendices: