The University has a comprehensive Hazardous waste management program. Annual reports are available for the breakdown of all classes of hazardous waste by tonnage.
Hazardous Waste includes:
- Class 1: Explosives
- Class 2: Gases
- Class 3: Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Class 4: Flammable Solids
- Class 5: Oxidizing Substances; Organic Peroxides
- Class 6: Poisonous (Toxic) and Infectious
- Class 7: Radioactive Material
- Class 8: Corrosives
For more details on on-campus hazardous waste programs, contact the Environmental Health and Safety Office.