Dalhousie currently has a purchasing agreement with Staples Advantage.
Look for the EcoEasy logo to identify products which meet Staples’ “eco-conscious” criteria:
- 30% post-consumer recycled content, or more.
- Third-party standards and certifications such as Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), GreenSeal, Rainforest Alliance, ENERGY STAR, and Crade to Crade, among others.
- Other eco-design elements such as biobased plastics, rapidly renewable materials, and agricultural residues (ex. sugarcane by-products).
* As per the Dalhousie Paper Policy [265 - KB], paper purchased by Dalhousie units should be sourced directly from the Dalhousie Print Centre, which stocks 100% post-consumer paper.
Office Supplies Purchasing Tips:
- Look for products which are durable, long lasting, and refillable;
- Buy office supplies in bulk to minimize packaging and delivery trips;
- Minimize the amount of packaging material and that packaging is reused or recycled.