Marine Biology student Galaxina Renaud helped in identifying the cause of death for a beached fin whale in Nova Scotia earlier this summer. Read more.
- The road to wellness
- Fri Aug 08 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Dal's medical research is making breakthroughs and tightening the timeline between discovery and treatment. For patients like Al Isnor, the benefits of connecting with Dal-based doctors are already a reality.
- Confronting coastal challenges
- Tue Aug 05 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- By working with the provincial government, Dal's Marine Affairs Program is helping shape the future of Nova Scotia's more than 13,000 km of coastline.
- Where have all the swallows gone?
- Tue Jul 22 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Swallow populations across North America are experiencing incredible declines and Dal students are attempting to figure out why.
- The perfection problem: How friendships help first-year students manage depression
- Thu Aug 28 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Dal research offers insights into the struggles perfectionistic students can face in their first year at university, and how friendships and getting involved on campus can make a big difference.
- Organic growth: Dal-hosted centre to manage national research cluster in organic agriculture
- Thu Aug 14 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada announces $8 million investment in research cluster to be managed by the Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada at Dal’s Faculty of Agriculture.
- A whale of a detective case
- Wed Aug 13 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Marine Biology student Galaxina Renaud helped in identifying the cause of death for a beached fin whale in Nova Scotia earlier this summer.
- Seeing the forest and the trees
- Tue Aug 12 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Getting a bird's-eye view of Dal's forest-related research.
- Coming together as "One"
- Mon Aug 11 00:00:00 ADT 2014
- Dal Vice-President Research Martha Crago is one of 15 members of the One Nova Scotia Coalition, tasked with developing work plans for implementing the recommendations of the Ivany Report.