Helping you navigate your first year of university
First Year Advising provides registration advice and transition support for you over the summer and throughout your first year at Dalhousie. Our team of advisors and student success coaches can assist you with course selection, registration, and making a successful transition to university life. We're happy to advise you over the phone, by email, or in person.
Our team can help you with questions such as:
- What classes should I be taking?
- What happens if I drop a course?
- I have a scheduling conflict—how do I fix it?
- Can I change programs?
- I'm feeling overwhelmed with all my work—what should I do?
- How do I get the most out of my university experience?
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
6 steps for selecting and registering for your courses
Contact First-Year Advising
Room G28, Killam Memorial Library
Tel (local): 902-494-3203
Tel (toll free in Canada & the U.S.): 1-866-359-4709
Office hours: Mon–Fri, 9am–4pm ADT
June 9: Phone service until 7pm ADT
June 11: Open 10:30am–5pm ADT
(phone and in-person service)