Top 7 reasons to study health promotion at Dal:
- We're a tight-knit program. Our small class sizes mean you’ll get to know your classmates and teachers.
- We're good at what we do. Our professors are renowned in their fields and incredibly accessible.
- You'll find a fulfilling career. The skills and knowledge you'll attain will open up numerous career options after graduation.
- You'll do hands-on work. The 14-week internship in your final year will provide you with valuable work experience.
- We work together. You’ll expand your opportunities through interprofessional learning with other programs.
- You can pick your specialty. Our two streams allow you to choose between Community Health Promotion and Research and Policy.
- You'll be in the perfect city. Halifax is the centre of medical research and training in Atlantic Canada.
What will I learn?
Interested in influencing or even drafting government policies? Perhaps grass-roots preventative health projects are more your thing. Our Community Health Promotion and Research and Policy streams allow you to tailor your degree to your interests.
What can I do?
Governments and companies are increasingly placing more value on health promotion, meaning our graduates are in high demand. We have alumni working around the world doing everything from social marketing to child injury prevention.