Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Jack
Jack is a pup who lives with Carrie Flood, associate director, donor relations with the Office of Advancement.
Nickname: Softly Dog – he grooms himself like a cat so he often gets compliments on how soft he is.
Species/breed: I got him from a rescue and they just said ‘husky mix’. A stranger asked me his breed once and they responded that he must be a ‘husky mixed with handsome’ and who am I to disagree?
Age: 10 but still very playful and energetic.
Fave food: Chicken and pizza crust.
Special tricks: The most woeful eyes even if he’s super happy. He could be doing his favourite activity and will still have what I refer to as his ‘resting grump face’.
Best quality: Always up for a hike, no matter the distance. He did Cape Chignecto last year and was such a pro and a great help pulling me and my big pack up the hills!
Social media platform or handle, if available: Far too busy with neighbourhood watch for social media.
Want to tell the Dal community about your beloved pet? Forward along your image(s) and information using the above categories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to check out the previous pet we've featured in this space this month — Gili, Yserin, Korial and Baron Von Doom, Squishy, Spruce, Bundles, Chucho and Allie, Nacho and Dorito, Henry Charles, Prim, Wally and Sissi and the pets of OFI — as well as pets from previous months:
- Teaching Assistant and Marker postings: Communications Sciences and Disorders
- Teaching Assistant posting: First Year Interest Groups in Science (FIGS)
- Study Skills Coach Position in Economics or Management
- Teaching Assistant posting: Contemporary Studies
- Reminder: Parking permits go on sale today
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Mila
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant Professional Development Days (TA Days)