Today@Dal» Go to news main
Instructor or Senior Instructor Postions ‑ Rowe School of Business/Management
Rowe School of Business
Instructor or Senior Instructor of Business Administration (2 positions)
The Rowe School of Business invites applications for two career-stream 100% FTE appointments at the rank of instructor or senior instructor (dependent upon qualifications and experience) commencing July 1, 2017.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills
These may vary depending on the area in which the appointee is teaching, but minimum requirements are:
• Ability to teach and experience in teaching in one or more of the following areas: accounting; finance; marketing; organizational management and communications; statistics and operations management; strategy; and TIME (technology, innovation management and entrepreneurship).
• MBA or related master’s degree
• Demonstrated teaching excellence in classes of various sizes
• Demonstrated teaching experience in a cooperative education environment
Preferred qualifications, experience and skills:
• Proven effectiveness in a major academic administration role
• Professional experience in industry or business
• Proven ability to engage in research in pedagogy or in the appointee’s subject area
• Experience working with local business leaders
The successful applicant will be expected to teach six courses per year at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in an area in which the applicant has expertise and in which the school has need for course coverage. Further duties may include a major academic administration role, such as leading an academic program or centre. This position also includes substantial service (such as committee work and student coaching) within the school, faculty and university.
The Rowe School of Business is part of the Faculty of Management, which has a unique commitment to values-based management and interdisciplinary research and learning. Thus, the successful candidate will have opportunities to work with like-minded colleagues in the sister Schools of Public Administration, Information Management, and Resource and Environmental Studies within the Faculty.
Information about the Rowe School of Business and its programs may be found at http://www.dal.ca/faculty/management/rsb.html.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Applicants should submit a C.V., copies of their previous teaching evaluations, evidence of active professional practice as defined above, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Applications must also include a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire, which is available at www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid. Applications should be sent to Ms. Miriam Breslow at firstname.lastname@example.org or Room 3060, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Dalhousie University, 6100 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2, no later than May 1, 2017. Electronic applications are preferred.
- Steel Oceans Sciences Building 4th Floor Restricted Access
- Studying for Success Workshops (Halifax)
- Frontiers in Ocean Sustainability
- Studley Campus Bioblitz
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Rowe School of Business/Faculty of Management
- Luncheon specials this week ‑ grab a friend and come to the University Club!
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Classics
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Physics & Atmospheric Science