News» Go to news main
Lars Osberg receives CEA Doug Purvis Memorial Prize
The Department of Economics is pleased to announce that Professor Lars Osberg has been awarded the Canadian Economics Association's Doug Purvis Memorial Prize.
The Prize was set up in 1994 in honour of the late Doug Purvis, and the Canadian Economics Association (CEA) awards the prize annually to "the authors of a highly significant, written contribution to Canadian economic policy." Professor's Osberg book, The Age of Increasing Inequality: The Astonishing Rise of Canada's 1%, was selected by the prize committee for the 2019 award.
- Congratulations to James McNeil on his successful SSHRC Insight Development Grant
- Faculty Profile: Wimal Rankaduwa
- 29th Graham Lecture was delivered by Dr Herb Emery
- Wendy Cornwall (PhD 1977) and Lars Osberg were awarded Lifetime Membership by the ACEA
- Rhodes Scholarship Information Session ‑ Sept. 7
- Dal Economics is hosting the 48th Annual ACEA Conference: Call for Papers
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SPRING 2022 GRADUATES!!!
- University Medal in Economics, 2022