Professors in the Department of Economics are actively engaged in research and consulted as experts on a wide variety of topics.
Recent working papers published by faculty members include:
- Polarization in Strategic Networks by Steven Kivinen
- Consensus in Social Networks: Revisited by Steven Kivinen and Norovsambuu Tumennasan
- Perceived Discrimination, Belonging and the Life Satisfaction of Canadian Adolescents with Disabilities by Nyla Branscombe, Angela Daley, Shelley Phipps
- Social Values for Equality and Preferences for State Intervention: Is the USA "Exceptional" by Lars Osberg and Insa Bechert
- Market Power and the Aggregate Saving Rate by Andrea Giusto and Talan Iscan
- On the Limitations of Some Current Usages of the Gini Index by Lars Osberg
- Performance of Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Firms: An International Perspective by Catherine Boulatoff and Carol Marie Boyer.
Several professors with the department are also affiliated with SPHERE, the Social Policy, Health and Economics Research Unit. The aims of SPHERE are to support research on the determinants of income, health and well-being of people in Canada and internationally.