Scientific Imaging Suite
The Scientific Imaging Suite (SIS) is located on the first floor of the biology tower of the Life Science Centre.
The SIS is equipped with microscopes and digital-imaging equipment.
- scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- two transmission electron microscopes (TEM), including an FEI Tecnai-12 (a state-of-the-art microscope)
- a Zeiss confocal laser scanning microscope (CLSM)
- a video imaging microscope
- a computer lab housing several computers with various digital image processing software and several printers, including two dye diffusion printers an EPSON Stylus color 1520 printer., and an HP DesignJet printer
The two dye diffusion printers make photo quality prints, and the EPSON has large format print capabilities that are good for presentations, signs, banners, and maps. The HP printer can print on continous roll of paper up to 42 inches in width, suitable for posters and large prints.
SIS Manager: Ping Li