Bachelor of Management Internship Program
Participating in the Bachelor of Management Internship Program, students are able to gain 8 or 12 months of valuable full-time work experience.
The internship will begin after your third year in the program and apply as 1-full credit towards your Bachelor of Management degree-plus when doing an 8-month internship you can still graduate on time. The internship option is viewed as a career investment, to build upon skills, professional experience and connections, and enhance employability after graduation.
- Gain valuable and relevant work experience and 1-full credit towards your degree
- Finance your education (and/or reduce your debt)
- Develop transferable skills and be more competitive in the job market
- Make connections and build referrals (network with professionals)
- Explore career interests by assessing job role, organization and/or industry
Bachelor of Management students who are in the second year of the program are eligible to apply to the Internship Program. The internship will start after the successful completion of MGMT 3201, 3501 and 3602 and will begin in either May or September.
For more information about eligibility and/or your program schedule with the Internship option, contact the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office at email@example.com.
Recommended Program Schedule (with Internship)
(Sept - Dec)
(Jan - Apr)
(May - Aug)
|YEAR 1||Study Term||Study Term||Free|
|YEAR 2||Study Term||Study Term||1 course
(can be online)
|YEAR 3||Study Term||Study Term||INTERNSHIP
+ 1 CLASS
+ 1 CLASS
(can be online)
|Study Term||May graduation|
Interested students may wish to review the recommended program schedule [PDF 229 KB] for this cohort.
Acceptance to the Bachelor of Management Internship Program will be determined according to the following criteria:
- The completion and quality of your application form, including your resume and statement of intent.
- GPA of 2.70 or higher in the two terms preceding the submission of your application, or a CGPA of 2.70 or higher. Provisional acceptance may be granted pending achievement of a GPA of 2.7 or higher in Fall and Winter semesters of the application year, or a CGPA of 2.7 at the conclusion of the application semester.
- Positive recommendations from references.
- Interview with Management Career Services.
Students participating in the Bachelor of Management Internship Program will be charged a fee of $300.00 to cover the administrative expenses and services offered by Management Career Services.
Application Process and Deadline
Applications are now being accepted for the Bachelor of Management Internship Program. The deadline for submission is Sunday, February 4, at 11:59pm.
When submitting your application, please read carefully through the following instructions before applying.
1. Prepare your documents for application.
a. Statement of Intent
The one page Statement of Intent letter should indicate your interest in the Bachelor of Management Internship and why you would like to participate. Include details about the job, organization, and/or industry in which you would like to do your internship. A helpful resource to help you determine your areas of interest is The Vault. Select "Career Paths" to learn about industries and jobs.
Resources to help you create an effective resume include our e-learning webinars and pages 22-32 of the Bachelor of Management Internship Program Orientation Workbook which can be found in the “Resources” section of myCareer under Management Career Services.
c. List of References
List at least two references (preferably one academic and one from an employer or volunteer supervisor). Please include the following details: Reference's name, job title, organization, phone number, email address, how long you have known each reference, and describe your relationship to each reference in less than 100 words.
2. Complete the online application form which can be found on myCareer.
a. Login to myDal and access myCareer from the “Quick Links” section on the right hand corner.
b. Once logged on to myCareer, select Management Career Services and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on the “2018 – Winter – BMgmt-Management Internship” to apply.
Please monitor your Dalhousie email account as all correspondence from our office will be sent to that address. Those students selected for an interview will be contacted in February.
Students accepted into the internship program must attend a mandataory orientation session.
Should you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Coombs at (902) 494-6935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.