Dal Career Cafe
Like Networking, but Better
Make connections with industry professionals and build your network.
It's no secret that networking matters. 85% of jobs are filled through networking, and it's often part of the job itself.
School is where your network begins, and we know it that it can be tricky to start on your own and to keep at it. That's why we've partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees to launch the Dal Career Café: a digital networking platform designed to connect you with industry professionals. The platform makes it easy for you, providing cheat sheets to nail first impressions, have rewarding conversations, and make a lasting impact.
Once you sign up to the platform, matches are made each month automatically and optimized to your goals and experience. Introductions are guided with suggested talking points. Plus, you will get feedback after each meeting.
All you need to do is find time in each other's schedules to meet online with Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom (or any other mutually-preferred tool), over the phone, or in-person (when physical distancing restrictions lessen).
Join the Dal Career Café to be matched with co-op employers and industry professionals for career-driven conversation and smart networking.
Why sign-up? Seek out mentors and start building your network now.
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of industry professionals based on their industry and interests
How does Dal Career Cafe work?
- You'll receive one introduction per month to a co-op employer or industry professional based on your career interests and goals.
- Decide on a time to chat in-person (when permitted), on the phone, or online, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement
How do I join?
"Coffee chats have given me new perspectives on different business sectors as well as helping me to build my confidence for interviews and my future career."
RBC Future Launch is RBC’s commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow. RBC is dedicating $500 million to help young people access meaningful employment through practical work experience, skills development, networking and access to mental well-being supports and services