Bachelor of Commerce Co‑op Work Term
Dalhousie’s Bachelor of Commerce degree has gained a reputation for being one of the leading Commerce programs in Canada. Accredited by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE), our program requires students to complete three work terms as part of their academic degree. With a combination of academic study and work experience, our students are competitive contenders in today's job market.
Commerce co-op program highlights
- Each academic term, over 200 qualified Commerce students are available to support and make valuable contributions to your business.
- Students are available for a four-month period (starting in January, May or September) to fulfill regional, national and international work term opportunities.
- Designed with employers' input, our curriculum and career services model ensures that our students are personally and professionally prepared for the workplace.
- Managing People and Organizations
- International Business
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Marketing Management
Suggested salary range: $14.00–$22.00 per hour depending on skills, experience, pay structure and industry.
Students must successfully complete three co-op work terms, alternating with study terms. Work terms begin in the second year of the four-year program. Students are scheduled to complete their first work term in the January–April timeframe, their second in September–December and their third in May–August. This academic model allows students to select their courses according to their career interests and the qualifications required by employers.
|YEAR 1||Study Term||Study Term||Free|
|YEAR 2||Study Term||WORK TERM 1||Study Term|
|YEAR 3||WORK TERM 2||Study Term||WORK TERM 3|
|YEAR 4||Study Term||Study Term||Graduation|
Required courses include:
|Prior to 1st
|Prior to 2nd work term||Prior to 3rd
|WORK TERM||SEND JOB POSTINGS|
|Winter (Jan.–Apr.)||Between Sept. and Jan.|
|Fall (Sept.–Dec.)||Between May and Sept.|
|Summer (May–Aug.)||Between Jan. and May|