SCSD Student Society
Chaired by a second year student, the SCSD Student Society is an organization comprised of representatives from all three years of the program. Objectives of the Society are as follows:
- To promote unity within the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders (SCSD) by facilitating and maintaining communication and cooperation among students and faculty.
- To encourage and provide opportunities for participation in social and educational events of society members.
- To establish and maintain communication with other student societies within the Faculty of Health, the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the Dalhousie Student Union.
- To organize the monies and properties granted to, or otherwise acquired by, the Society to fulfill the objectives.
- To organize activities for the student society in accordance with all university, student union, and school regulations and policies.
Student Society Members for 2021-2022
|Vice President||Melina Markotjohn|
|Social Representatives||Laura Alcorn
|Clinician Appreciation Committee Co-Chairs||Megan Mongeau
|SAC Representatives||Brianna Bennett
|Colloquium Representative||Laine Ingratta|
|Committee on Studies Representative||Brianna Parker|
|Curriculum Committee Representatives||Melina Markotjohn
|Grad class Co-Chairs (2021-2022)||Taylor Bachman
|Grad Class Co-Chairs||Madeleine Duffy
|Sports Representatives||Mariah Robichaud
|Professional Advocacy Representatives||Kelly Ivey
|DAGS/DSU Representative||Orianna Pittman Caines|
|CAA Representative (3rd Year Audiology Student)||Lauren Peters|
|CAA Representative (2nd Year Audiology Student)||Brianna Bennett|
|DalHSSA Representative||Samantha Meehan|
|Student Advocacy & Inclusion Advisors||Danielle Ross
|For the Health of It (FTHOI) Representatives||Orianna Pittman Caines|
|Diversity Committee Co-Chairs||Halle Loyek & TBD|
|Diversity Committee Representative||TBD|
|First Year||Speech-Language Pathology|
|Second Year||Speech-Language Pathology||Brianna Parker
|Third Year||Speech-Language Pathology|