News» Go to news main
Former director channels passion for dental hygiene into opportunities for students
When Glenda Butt (DDH’69) was director of the Faculty of Dentistry’s School of Dental Hygiene from 1994 to 2007, she made a pact with herself that she could not retire until a bachelor of dental hygiene program was available at Dalhousie University.
Despite delays and disappointments, the program accepted its first students in 2007. Now Butt is supporting the program and its students in a different way: through the Glenda M. Butt Bursary in Dental Hygiene for students entering the bachelor of dental hygiene program.
- A donation with great impact
- DentDays dates announced
- 2024 JD McLean Lecture: An interview with Bob Hope
- Finding a silver lining in a snowstorm
- Striving for new awards to support dental hygiene students
- 2023 Academic Awards: Commitment and hard work matter
- OMFS at Dal celebrates 50 years
- Easing pain and fear: The heartwarming experience of paediatric dentistry