News» Go to news main
2022 ACFD National Teaching Award winner: Dr. Sachin Seth
Photo: Isha Seth
Dr. Sachin Seth, the Faculty of Dentistry’s associate dean of academics, is this year’s recipient of the Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry National Teaching Award for 2022. He was presented with the award on June 17 at the ACFD conference dinner in Edmonton.
Nominees for the ACFD National Teaching Award are assessed on their knowledge of the theory of teaching and learning, their involvement of students in the learning process, their ability to stimulate students to reach set performance standards for the course, an ability to communicate effectively, the rapport they develop with students, and the use of evaluation methods that assess higher levels of learning.
In the classroom and as a valued member of our Faculty, Dr. Seth has demonstrated his great commitment to teaching excellence, innovative curriculum projects, the effective involvement and evaluation of students, and the sharing of his knowledge through publications and presentations.
The ACFD National Teaching Award is a tribute to Dr. Seth’s many contributions to teaching, leadership, and dental education in our Faculty and in the wider dental profession. The Award also reflects the esteem and admiration his peers hold for him.
Congratulations, Dr. Seth, on this well-deserved honour!
- OMFS at Dal celebrates 50 years
- Easing pain and fear: The heartwarming experience of paediatric dentistry
- Former director channels passion for dental hygiene into opportunities for students
- A warm welcome to our new first‑year students
- How I spent my summer: A big leap forward
- Lindsey Cavanagh receives the first Glenda M. Butt Bursary in Dental Hygiene
- Get ready to volunteer!
- Meet Dr. Ferne Kraglund, associate dean of student affairs