News» Go to news main
2022 ACFD National Teaching Award winner: Dr. Sachin Seth
Photo: Isha Seth
Dr. Sachin Seth, the Faculty of Dentistry’s associate dean of academics, is this year’s recipient of the Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry National Teaching Award for 2022. He was presented with the award on June 17 at the ACFD conference dinner in Edmonton.
Nominees for the ACFD National Teaching Award are assessed on their knowledge of the theory of teaching and learning, their involvement of students in the learning process, their ability to stimulate students to reach set performance standards for the course, an ability to communicate effectively, the rapport they develop with students, and the use of evaluation methods that assess higher levels of learning.
In the classroom and as a valued member of our Faculty, Dr. Seth has demonstrated his great commitment to teaching excellence, innovative curriculum projects, the effective involvement and evaluation of students, and the sharing of his knowledge through publications and presentations.
The ACFD National Teaching Award is a tribute to Dr. Seth’s many contributions to teaching, leadership, and dental education in our Faculty and in the wider dental profession. The Award also reflects the esteem and admiration his peers hold for him.
Congratulations, Dr. Seth, on this well-deserved honour!
- Faculty spotlight: Pierre‑Luc Michaud
- Supporting diversity in oral health care
- Extending a helping hand – and some supplies – post‑Fiona
- Mental health is health: An interview with Starr Cunningham, the 2022 J D McLean speaker
- Dal dentistry researcher wins Mitacs Award for work that could help patients spend less time in the clinic
- Grad profile: Jessie Yang discovers a passion for research
- Shauna Hachey: A calling to help people
- The Raddalls: A 65‑year family affair