Dr. Haider Al-Waeli (left) and Dr. Zeeshan Sheikh
The Faculty of Dentistry is delighted to welcome Drs. Haider Al-Waeli and Zeeshan Sheikh on their appointments to the Faculty of Dentistry, effective July 1.
Dr. Al-Waeli joins the Dental Clinical Sciences Department as a periodontist at the rank of assistant professor (tenure track). His responsibilities include didactic, pre-clinical, and clinical teaching in all aspects of periodontics in the Faculty’s undergraduate dentistry and dental hygiene and postgraduate programs, including the MSc in periodontics. He will also be actively involved in research, scholarly activity, faculty committees, and building collaborations with other universities.
Dr. Sheikh joins the Faculty as a clinical scientist in periodontics at the rank of assistant professor (tenure track) in both the Applied Oral Sciences and Dental Clinical Sciences Departments. He will be primarily involved in biomaterials research and innovation, focusing on developing collaborations with other universities and industry. He will also mentor graduate students and post-doctoral fellows and supervise undergraduate and graduate students in clinics.
Both Drs. Al-Waeil and Sheikh are familiar faces in the Dentistry Building. For the past three years they have studied here for their MSc degrees in periodontics, adding to their already impressively long lists of degrees. We are delighted to have them join our Faculty as colleagues.
- Easing pain and fear: The heartwarming experience of paediatric dentistry
- Former director channels passion for dental hygiene into opportunities for students
- A warm welcome to our new first‑year students
- How I spent my summer: A big leap forward
- Lindsey Cavanagh receives the first Glenda M. Butt Bursary in Dental Hygiene
- Get ready to volunteer!
- Meet Dr. Ferne Kraglund, associate dean of student affairs
- Meet Dr. Sachin Seth, associate dean of academic affairs