Mary Dionne, winner of a 2019 Dal Student Impact Award
A passion for oral health care, a commitment to outreach, and an organizer extraordinaire – DH2 student Mary Dionne is a worthy recipient of this year’s Faculty Leadership Impact Award. She received her award on March 21, 2019 at the 8th Annual Dal Student Impact Awards ceremony.
Mary wears many hats. She is president of her second-year dental hygiene class and student representative for the Canadian Dental Hygiene Association. She serves on many committees, writes articles, organizes guest speakers, and volunteers with HOPES and other outreach organizations. She also holds down a job.
Andrea Hare, an instructor in the School of Dental Hygiene, summed up Mary’s contributions in her letter of nomination: “Ms Dionne is exceptional in every way; her personal commitment to her patients, classmates, faculty and to the field of dental hygiene makes her a very well respected member of her class and an excellent representative of her faculty.”
- Dr. Bob Loney: Passing on the Olympic torch
- Grad profile: A moving experience
- Grad profile: One eye on the future
- More than child's play: paediatric dentistry during a pandemic
- Helping ICU heroes with oral health care kits
- Grad profile: Practice, dedication, and a love for your work
- Jade Wile: 2020 recipient of top DH awards in academics and clinical care
- Congratulations to our 2020 grads!