Hosting an international conference on curing light technology proved to be the perfect launchpad for an international collaboration with Brazil that has led to publications, student and faculty exchanges, and joint research projects. This academic cornucopia would not have happened without the combined skills, materials, and equipment of both faculties.
In 2012, Dr. Richard Price and the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie hosted the first (of six, so far) Northern Lights conference with the help of a CIHR Dissemination grant. The purpose of these conferences has been to bring together dental education professionals from several countries to share knowledge and develop consensus statements with the aim of helping general dentists. But it was with Brazil that the prospect of further collaboration took flight.
- Marilyn Harris: When your job bites back
- Endodontics: The science of saving teeth
- Oral Health Rehabilitation Fund receives support
- Tracy Doyle wins CDA Health Promotion Award
- It's never too late: Cara Tax's unfolding career
- New faces and new roles in paediatric dentistry
- Mary Dionne‑‑Making an impact
- The living legacy of the Prosthodontic Olympics