Hosting an international conference on curing light technology proved to be the perfect launchpad for an international collaboration with Brazil that has led to publications, student and faculty exchanges, and joint research projects. This academic cornucopia would not have happened without the combined skills, materials, and equipment of both faculties.
In 2012, Dr. Richard Price and the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie hosted the first (of six, so far) Northern Lights conference with the help of a CIHR Dissemination grant. The purpose of these conferences has been to bring together dental education professionals from several countries to share knowledge and develop consensus statements with the aim of helping general dentists. But it was with Brazil that the prospect of further collaboration took flight.
- Ctrl + Alt + rethink: Computers in the Faculty of Dentistry
- Welcome to our new faculty members
- Hidden voices: Megan Clark
- Grad profile: Moe Alshateel charts a new path forward
- Debby Chao receives the Dr. David Precious Gold Medal in Dentistry
- Impact Award winner 2021: Rebecca Marr
- One year later: Faculty of Dentistry dean on change, compassion, and lessons learned from COVID‑19
- Let's walk, run, and bicycle to the McGill Faculty of Dentistry