On Tuesday, May 23, Dalhousie University’s Provost and Vice-President Academic Dr. Carolyn Watters announced that Dr. Benjamin Davis has been appointed Acting Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry.
A Dalhousie faculty member for 20 years, Davis has made numerous contributions to teaching, research and service. He served as Division Head and of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for a decade, and was appointed Chair of the Department in 2013.
A 1992 graduate of Western University’s Doctor of Dental Surgery program, Davis completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery and anaesthesia at the University of Toronto in 1997. He is currently serving as the Examiner in Chief of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, and formerly held the position of President of the Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Davis will serve as Acting Dean of Dentistry effective July 1, 2017 for a period of up to one year. He succeeds Dr. Tom Boran, whose term as Dean concludes on June 30, 2017.
- The living legacy of the Prosthodontic Olympics
- "It all started at Dal": Five questions with Dr. Carol Anne Murdoch‑Kinch
- What does the new Canada's Food Guide mean for oral health?
- What a night: Table Clinics 2019
- Where Table Clinics can take you: 2018 winner Kellie Zelmer
- Bonding with Brazil
- Dr. Peter Cooney applies Irish charm to public health dentistry in Canada
- Putting the "special" in the Special Olympics