On Tuesday, May 23, Dalhousie University’s Provost and Vice-President Academic Dr. Carolyn Watters announced that Dr. Benjamin Davis has been appointed Acting Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry.
A Dalhousie faculty member for 20 years, Davis has made numerous contributions to teaching, research and service. He served as Division Head and of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for a decade, and was appointed Chair of the Department in 2013.
A 1992 graduate of Western University’s Doctor of Dental Surgery program, Davis completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery and anaesthesia at the University of Toronto in 1997. He is currently serving as the Examiner in Chief of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, and formerly held the position of President of the Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Davis will serve as Acting Dean of Dentistry effective July 1, 2017 for a period of up to one year. He succeeds Dr. Tom Boran, whose term as Dean concludes on June 30, 2017.
- Davis Appointed Acting Dean
- A tale of teeth and TVs
- Kindness to a colleague is recognised
- Dental hygiene in the real world
- A moving experience: New equipment arrives in the dental clinic
- 47th Annual Table Clinics and dental hygiene professional presentations
- 20 years of the Prosthodontic Olympics
- Dr. Lisa Johnson: our new oral pathologist