News» Go to news main
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
On Wednesday, June 19, the Faculty of Dentistry held its annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon at the University Club.
After lunch, Dr. Tom Boran, Dean of the Faculty, presented the Gladys Littler Award to Lorna Fraser (Dean’s Office). This annual award recognizes a staff member who exemplifies a high level of commitment, high standards of performance and outstanding service of the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie University.
Service awards to Michael Conrad (32 years, Dean’s Office) and Elaine Johnson (30 years, Dental Lab), and the Faculty also recognized the retirements of Dr. Robin Howell (Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences) and Dr. Jack Gerrow (Department of Dental Clinical Sciences).
During the presentation, Dr. Gerrow was notified that he had been appointed to the position of Professor Emeritus with the Faculty, effective January 1, 2013. He will be presented with the W.W. Wood Award for excellence in dental education at the White Coat Ceremony on September 26.
- Debby Chao receives the Dr. David Precious Gold Medal in Dentistry
- Impact Award winner 2021: Rebecca Marr
- One year later: Faculty of Dentistry dean on change, compassion, and lessons learned from COVID‑19
- Let's walk, run, and bicycle to the McGill Faculty of Dentistry
- RIOH Student Presentations Showcase: And the winners are. . .
- The Research In Oral Health Student Presentations Showcase – the new Table Clinics
- Doris Marshall (DDS’56): The Faculty of Dentistry’s first Black student
- Providing a path into health‑care professionals for African Nova Scotian students