News» Go to news main
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
On Wednesday, June 19, the Faculty of Dentistry held its annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon at the University Club.
After lunch, Dr. Tom Boran, Dean of the Faculty, presented the Gladys Littler Award to Lorna Fraser (Dean’s Office). This annual award recognizes a staff member who exemplifies a high level of commitment, high standards of performance and outstanding service of the Faculty of Dentistry at Dalhousie University.
Service awards to Michael Conrad (32 years, Dean’s Office) and Elaine Johnson (30 years, Dental Lab), and the Faculty also recognized the retirements of Dr. Robin Howell (Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences) and Dr. Jack Gerrow (Department of Dental Clinical Sciences).
During the presentation, Dr. Gerrow was notified that he had been appointed to the position of Professor Emeritus with the Faculty, effective January 1, 2013. He will be presented with the W.W. Wood Award for excellence in dental education at the White Coat Ceremony on September 26.
- Dr. Eric Hatfield: Recipient of the 2020 Outstanding Alumni Award
- MDR: Stopping the chain of infection
- Can you spare a tooth?
- Dr. Bob Loney: Passing on the Olympic torch
- Grad profile: A moving experience
- Grad profile: One eye on the future
- More than child's play: paediatric dentistry during a pandemic
- Helping ICU heroes with oral health care kits