News» Go to news main
Kudos to our 2012 summer research students
Sean Curley, a second year Dentistry student, was awarded first place in his category for his poster on Evaluating Anti-Cancer Drug Release from a Novel Injectable Calcium Phosphate at the 2012 Interprofessional Health Research Day.
The Interprofessional Health Research Day is organized by the Integrated Health Training Partnership (IHRTP) and is an opportunity to showcase the research being conducted by students in the Faculties of Dentistry, Health Professions and Medicine.
In all, six Dalhousie Dentistry students presented their summer research at the research day on November 7. In addition to Sean Curley, Nabil Moussa, Amanda Demsey, Patricia Logan, Joubin Saffary, and Lauren MacGregor each presented their research posters.
Congratulations to all our summer research students and their supervisors on a job well done!
- Joubin Saffary, Inject-ability and Compression Strength Analysis of Glass Ionomer Cements for Spine Repair. Supervisor Dr. Daniel Boyd
- Patricia Logan, Assessing the Burden of Dental Disease in a Network of Canadian Emergency Departments. Supervisor Dr. Chris Lee
- Lauren MacGregor, End-Tidal Capnometry Monitoring. Supervisor Dr. Ben Davis.
- Amanda Demsey, Kungatsiajuk: Supporting the healthy smiles of NunatuKavut Children. Supervisor Dr. Mary McNally
- Nabil Moussa, The Effect of Maxillomandibular Advancement Surgery on Blood Pressure. Supervisor Dr. Susan Bourque
- (top photo) Sean Curley, Evaluating Anti-Cancer Drug Release from a Novel Injectable Calcium Phosphate. Supervisor Dr. Mark Filiaggi
- Ctrl + Alt + rethink: Computers in the Faculty of Dentistry
- Welcome to our new faculty members
- Hidden voices: Megan Clark
- Grad profile: Moe Alshateel charts a new path forward
- Debby Chao receives the Dr. David Precious Gold Medal in Dentistry
- Impact Award winner 2021: Rebecca Marr
- One year later: Faculty of Dentistry dean on change, compassion, and lessons learned from COVID‑19
- Let's walk, run, and bicycle to the McGill Faculty of Dentistry