News» Go to news main
Pumpkin carving contest recap
On Wednesday, October 31, The Faculty of Dentistry hosted its 3rd annual Pumpkin Carving Contest. In total, 16 student and departmental creations were on display for the more than 230 members of the Dalhousie campus community who attended the Halloween afternoon voting party.
The Dental Lab emerged as the victors in the Departmental category, while DDS3 student David White claimed the top Student prize for the third straight year. For their efforts, both teams received a delicious Maple Pumpkin cheesecake.
In a new feature this year, those who were unable to attend the festivities in person we able to vote for their favourite pumpkin online to determine the 2012 Grand Champion. More than 260 individuals weighed in, and the Dental Lab reclaimed the title that they had captured during the inaugural contest in 2010.
The Faculty of Dentistry would like to acknowledge the kind donations from the Atlantic Superstore (Barrington Street) and The Sweet Hereafter Cheesecakery.
Take a look at this year's entries.
- Dr. Eric Hatfield: Recipient of the 2020 Outstanding Alumni Award
- MDR: Stopping the chain of infection
- Can you spare a tooth?
- Dr. Bob Loney: Passing on the Olympic torch
- Grad profile: A moving experience
- Grad profile: One eye on the future
- More than child's play: paediatric dentistry during a pandemic
- Helping ICU heroes with oral health care kits