FCS News» Go to news main
AI and the changing face of the Canadian workplace
Dr. Stan Matwin, director of the Institute of Big Data Analytics at Dalhousie, warns of the impact artificially intelligent machines and other automation will continue to have on the Canadian workplace in an interview with the Chronicle Herald.
With AI high on the federal government's agenda and developments in industry, including the automotive sector, Matwin argues huge job losses could be on the horizon in the coming decades in areas we may not anticipate such as the legal and medical professions.
Read the full story "Canadians need to prepare for workplace hardships as AI begins to take over positions" in the Chronicle Herald.
- Using technology to empower women's safety
- Computer Science prof to represent Atlantic Canada at a national level
- Dance Master
- The tenets of teaching
- Computer Science prof recognized as a digital diversity leader
- Computer Science student hacks the beach
- CS students develop winning solution to support dementia sufferers
- Spritely app connects newcomers and tourists with local knowledge