FCS News» Go to news main
AI and the changing face of the Canadian workplace
Dr. Stan Matwin, director of the Institute of Big Data Analytics at Dalhousie, warns of the impact artificially intelligent machines and other automation will continue to have on the Canadian workplace in an interview with the Chronicle Herald.
With AI high on the federal government's agenda and developments in industry, including the automotive sector, Matwin argues huge job losses could be on the horizon in the coming decades in areas we may not anticipate such as the legal and medical professions.
Read the full story "Canadians need to prepare for workplace hardships as AI begins to take over positions" in the Chronicle Herald.
- Congrats to our grads of Spring 2018!
- Computer Science prof recognized for digital leadership
- Dal Alumnae and Students Inspire Girls to Code, From Coast to Coast
- Grad Profile: From Public Relations to Computer Science
- Grad Profile: Tackling Chronic Disease with Technology
- Humanitarian Drive
- Introducing Dal's honorary degree recipients for Spring Convocation 2018
- Contributing to the experience