FCS News» Go to news main
AI and the changing face of the Canadian workplace
Dr. Stan Matwin, director of the Institute of Big Data Analytics at Dalhousie, warns of the impact artificially intelligent machines and other automation will continue to have on the Canadian workplace in an interview with the Chronicle Herald.
With AI high on the federal government's agenda and developments in industry, including the automotive sector, Matwin argues huge job losses could be on the horizon in the coming decades in areas we may not anticipate such as the legal and medical professions.
Read the full story "Canadians need to prepare for workplace hardships as AI begins to take over positions" in the Chronicle Herald.
- Supporting the Next Generation of Tech Leaders
- Spotlight on your WiTS President Rebecca Ansems
- 99 All around Superstars: Annual Academic All‑canadian Luncheon Celebrates Student‑athlete Success
- Skating Her Way into 2018
- $50,000 investment for student and alumni founded start‑up
- Goldberg Study Areas
- Exploring the aftermath of the Halifax Explosion a century later
- 5 reasons why you should visit us at Open House