FCS News» Go to news main
A New Dean for the Faculty of Computer Science
Andrew Rau-Chaplin became dean of the Faculty of Computer Science in July 2015. He was appointed to a five-year term as dean after more than 20 years as a faculty member, researcher and research manager for companies in the private sector. During his time at Dalhousie, he has served as director of the e-commerce program and conducted research in high-performance computing and analytics.
Dr. Rau-Chaplin’s combination of academic and industrial experience, as well as his leadership skills and passion, positions him to grow the faculty’s ties to industry, as well as its research capacity and academic programs.
- Inclusive Impact: A refreshed strategic direction for Dalhousie research and innovation
- "In search of a better tomorrow": Dal innovators celebrated at Discovery Awards
- Dal’s Women in Technology Society opens doors for Bachelor of Computer Science student
- Scholarships for Change Champions: Arvin Ramlakhan, MEC’19
- Dalhousie’s Computer Science Nocturne Exhibits create a scene
- Here We Code celebrates first Tech Career Fair success
- Dal’s Faculty of Computer Science celebrates opening of new space
- Alumni Spotlight: Charting a career path in gaming