FCS News» Go to news main
In the News: Big data big at Dal (via The Chronicle Herald)
Big data analytics is growing and Dalhousie University is getting into the field in a greater way.
The Halifax university officially launched the Institute for Big Data Analytics on Thursday.
The institute, part of the faculty of computer science, is the first of its kind in Canada and possibly North America, Dalhousie officials said.
Stan Matwin, the institute’s director, said researchers at Dalhousie are already involved in the big data field nationally and internationally.
“It’s building on work that’s already done,” Matwin, a Canada Research Chair in Visual Text Analytics, said in an interview.
- How wired mussels are predicting toxic algae
- More female students choosing computer science at Dal
- Grad Profile: A Foundation in Research
- Innovating to a Degree
- "Big data meets big ocean research": Government of Canada launches Dal‑led big ocean data innovation environment, DeepSense
- From our current students: advice for new students
- Dalhousie expert weighs in on the future of AI and Evolutionary Algorithms
- California Dreamin'