FCS News» Go to news main
In the News: Big data big at Dal (via The Chronicle Herald)
Big data analytics is growing and Dalhousie University is getting into the field in a greater way.
The Halifax university officially launched the Institute for Big Data Analytics on Thursday.
The institute, part of the faculty of computer science, is the first of its kind in Canada and possibly North America, Dalhousie officials said.
Stan Matwin, the institute’s director, said researchers at Dalhousie are already involved in the big data field nationally and internationally.
“It’s building on work that’s already done,” Matwin, a Canada Research Chair in Visual Text Analytics, said in an interview.
- California Dreamin'
- Making life easier through Visualization and Machine Learning
- Games for Change
- The Consummate Explorer
- Computer Science prof elected to join Digital Health Canada's Board of Directors
- NS Sandboxes bootcamp fosters creativity, innovation for entrepreneurs
- Congrats to our grads of Spring 2018!
- Computer Science prof recognized for digital leadership