FCS News» Go to news main
In the News: Big data big at Dal (via The Chronicle Herald)
Big data analytics is growing and Dalhousie University is getting into the field in a greater way.
The Halifax university officially launched the Institute for Big Data Analytics on Thursday.
The institute, part of the faculty of computer science, is the first of its kind in Canada and possibly North America, Dalhousie officials said.
Stan Matwin, the institute’s director, said researchers at Dalhousie are already involved in the big data field nationally and internationally.
“It’s building on work that’s already done,” Matwin, a Canada Research Chair in Visual Text Analytics, said in an interview.
- Introducing Dal's honorary degree recipients for Spring Convocation 2018
- Contributing to the experience
- Student leadership that matters: Dal FCS Governors' Award winner
- Meet Dal's Top Co‑op Students of the Year
- Systems, Networks and Security: Taking a closer look at video surveillance
- Getting to the Source Code of a Fulfilling Career
- Inspirational Women in Tech to Follow
- Supporting the Next Generation of Tech Leaders