African Nova Scotia/Black & Nova Scotia First Nations Persons
The University Prep Bursary fund is made available to African Nova Scotia/Black and Nova Scotia First Nations Persons who are preparing for University credit study and who need to take University Prep courses to do so.
Dalhousie University’s College of Continuing Education’s University Preparation courses have been designed in consultation with the faculty of Dalhousie University to give you a solid foundation in a subject before going to university or, if you are currently in university, to help you get the prerequisite you need for the program you want! University Preparation courses are non-credit.
The University Prep Bursary includes the cost of tuition and MAY cover the cost of texts for the course. This is based on financial need and will be assessed individually.
- Open to all students (non-credit or credit) who are African Nova Scotia/Black and Nova Scotia First Nations Persons.
- Candidates who have previously applied for bursary funding, in this or another funding year, must have completed and passed his/her previously funded course.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need.
- Please complete the bursary application in full. All applications must include 3 references. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and/or reviewed and contact will not be made to request missing or incomplete information.
- Applications must be received no later than one (2) weeks prior to the start date of the University Prep courses (with NO EXCEPTION). Please make application early. Students will NOT be permitted to attend classes unless the bursary is approved before the start date of the course.
- Students applying for a bursary and wishing to register for Academic Math, Pre-Calculus Math, or Writing Skills for Academic Study are REQUIRED to write a Diagnostic. Please make arrangements to do so by calling or Registration Office at (902) 494-2375.
- Download and complete the Application Form [PDF]
- All completed application forms and attachments should be forwarded to the following address:
Director, University Prep Programs and Mature Student Services
Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education
Suite 2201 - 1459 LeMarchant Street, 2nd Floor
Phone: (902) 494-1468
Fax: (902) 494-3662