Production Planning & Control (100% Online)
The Certificate in Production Planning & Control is 100% online. It consists of three modules spread over a year, covering different aspects of production planning and control. Participants will be provided with the conceptual understanding and practical training to enable them to efficiently work in a manufacturing environment.
What you will learn
• Manufacturing Planning and Control (MPC) system framework
• How Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) connects the functional units
• How MPC fits within ERP
• Performance metrics to evaluate Integrated System Effectiveness
• Monitoring the demand management system
• Sales & operations planning in the firm
• Master production scheduling techniques
• Materials requirements planning (MRP) in MPC
• Indented bills of material (BOM)
• The role of capacity planning in MPC system
• The linkages between MRP and Production Activity Control (PAC)
• Just in Time (JIT) impact on MPC
• Supply chain logistical elements
• Determining inventory systems performance
Who should attend
This certificate will provide excellent learning for those who want to get a solid understanding of Production Planning and Control. It will prove beneficial for planning engineers, production planners, operations personnel and inventory controllers. For those who aspire to get American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification for Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), it would be very helpful.
This online certificate consists of three modules. Each module will have pre-recorded sessions, readings and quizzes available online. The instructor will be accessible for questions via email.
- Module I: Planning in a Manufacturing Environment (11 weeks)
- Module II: Capacity and Material Planning and Production Control (10 weeks)
- Module III: The Management of Supply Chain (10 weeks)
The fee for each module is $1195.00
Register and pay $3295 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $290!
Please contact Chris Abraham at 902-494-8042 or 1-800-565-8867 for more information.
It is highly recommended that participants take the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the three modules, including all quizzes and final exams. This represents approximately 150 hours of training including online sessions, assignments, home study and examination preparation. Participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each Module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management, (APICS/CPIM certification Edition 2011) by Jacobs, Berry, Whybark and Vollmann. McGraw Hill, ISBN 978-0-07-175031-8.
Optional book (Useful book, however, not required): Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management, (6th edition 2011 Paperback) by Jacobs, Berry, Whybark and Vollman. McGraw Hill, ISBN 978-93-392-0533-1.
Syed Naqvi, P.Eng., completed his Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, and a MBA in Production and Operations Management. He also has a M.Eng., in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Engineering Management. He has over 20 years of professional experience in the manufacturing industry. His area of expertise is in operations/materials and project management. He led cross functional teams in telecommunication projects in a Siemens subsidiary where he worked in the Production Planning and Control department as a Manager. He was responsible for analyzing and controlling costs, scheduling projects, procurement of materials and equipment, and monitoring suppliers.
Presently he is working as a Procurement Manager in a food processing industry. He has also worked more than 10 years in materials and operations management for a tier 1 supplier of Ford and GM in Michigan. He has taught several courses to graduate students at Eastern Michigan University which include Project Management and Economic Analysis for Engineers.