What's New? Program Updates
- The Police Leadership Program is introducing a new certificate concentration. You can now earn a Certificate in Police Leadership with a concentration in International Policing and Security by taking the courses, Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth, and Understanding and Responding to Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Social Science Perspective.
- The new Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is being offered in partnership with the Romeo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative here at Dalhousie University. Students in the course will be a combination of police officers, and other security sectors from across the country. Each spring term students from the Wounded Warriors Canada VTECS (Veteran Trainers to Eradicate the Use of Child Soldiers) Program will also participate.
- The next Managing Police Performance: Coaching Skills for Police Supervisors workshop scheduled for Halifax from June 9-11 has been rescheduled to November 3-5. We hope that you can participate! Register soon to avoid disappointment.
- The Fall 2017 Term will begin on September 5 and will run to December 19. We will take registrations up to the beginning of the term, however it is recommended that new students to the program register by August 29 to avoid delays in getting access to the online course materials.
- The 2017 winner of the Sgt. Bruce MacPhail Award for Academic Excellence is Cst. Amit Parasram of Halifax Regional Police. Congratulations to Cst. Parasram on receiving his Certificate in Police Leadership in Supervisory Skills with such a high academic standing!