What's New? Program Updates
- The Winter 2018 Term will begin on January 29 and will run to May 14. We will take registrations up to the beginning of the term, however it is recommended that new students to the program register by January 8 to avoid delays in getting access to the online course materials.
- The Police Leadership Program has introduced a new certificate concentration. You can now earn a Certificate in Police Leadership with a concentration in International Policing and Security by taking the courses, Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth, and Understanding and Responding to Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Social Science Perspective.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is being offered in partnership with the Romeo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative here at Dalhousie University. Students in the course will be a combination of police officers, and other security sectors from across the country.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course will be offered in the Spring Term which runs from February 28 - June 18, 2018.
- The 2017 winner of the Sgt. Bruce MacPhail Award for Academic Excellence is Cst. Amit Parasram of Halifax Regional Police. Congratulations to Cst. Parasram on receiving his Certificate in Police Leadership in Supervisory Skills with such a high academic standing!
- Strategic Management through Evidence-Based Policing is a new course that will be offered for the first time in the Fall 2018 term. It will be a required course in the Service Delivery certificate concentration, replacing the former Strategic Policing course.