What's New? Program Updates
- The Fall 2018 Term will begin on September 5 and will run to December 19. We will take registrations up to the beginning of the term, however it is recommended that new students to the program register by August 1 to avoid delays in getting access to the online course materials.
- Registrations received by July 4 will receive a $50 discount.
- A Managing Police Performance: Coaching Skills for Police Supervisors workshop has been scheduled for Halifax from November 16-18.
- The Police Leadership Program has introduced a new certificate concentration. You can now earn a Certificate in Police Leadership with a concentration in International Policing and Security by taking the courses, Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth, and Understanding and Responding to Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Social Science Perspective.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is offered in partnership with the Romeo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative here at Dalhousie University. Students in the course will be a combination of police officers and other security sectors from across the country.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is also offered in the Spring Term which runs from February - June, 2019.
- Strategic Management through Evidence-Based Policing is a new course that will be offered for the first time in the Fall 2018 term. It will be a required course in the Service Delivery certificate concentration, replacing the former Strategic Policing course.