What's New? Program Updates
- The Winter 2019 Term of online courses will begin on January 29 and will run to May 14. We will take registrations up to the beginning of the term, however it is recommended that new students to the program register by January 3 in order to avoid delays in getting access to the online course materials.
- Registrations received by November 29 will receive a $50 discount.
- Strategic Management through Evidence-Based Policing is our newest course, just being offered in the Fall of 2018 for the first time. It is a required course in the Service Delivery certificate concentration, replacing the former Strategic Policing course. Students who want to take this course independently without committing to the certificate program are welcome to do so.The Police Leadership Program has introduced a new certificate concentration. You can now earn a Certificate in Police Leadership with a concentration in International Policing and Security by taking the courses, Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth, and Understanding and Responding to Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Social Science Perspective.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is offered in partnership with the Romeo Dallaire Child Soldiers Initiative here at Dalhousie University. Students in the course will be a combination of police officers and other security sectors from across the country.
- The Child Soldiers and at Risk Youth course is offered in the Spring Term which runs from February 28- June 19, 2019.
- Congratulations to the 2018 winner of the Sgt. Bruce MacPhail Award for Academic Excellence, Sgt. Dawn Rose of the Toronto Police Service!