We currently offer twelve certificate programs. The certificates are intended to accomplish three broad objectives:
- The first is to impart specific skills and knowledge in order to improve managerial performance in local government.
- The second is to develop an appreciation of the importance of local government as an instrument for building strong communities and for developing democratic values.
- The third is to create an online national learning community.
The links below link to descriptions of the certificates, the pedagogical rationale and the specific course requirements for each certificate.
- Associate Certificate in Local Government
- Certificate in Local Government Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Financial Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Human Resource Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Administration: Law & Ethics
- Certificate in Local Government: Community Economic Development
- Associate Certificate in Community Economic Development
- Certificate in Local Government: Citizen Engagement and Consultation
- National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration
- Executive Certificates in Local Government Leadership
For Alberta Students
National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) Level I and NACLAA Level II
Note: To qualify for a certificate, students must complete all the requirements within a prescribed time period.
Completion of one or more of the certificate programs meets the educational requirement for certification in many provinces. For more information, please contact the professional administrators’ association in your province.
To learn more, Download our brochure [PDF - 3MB]
Electives are any course chosen from the Local Government program that you have not already completed. Please contact the Program Manager, Shelby Lang at Shelby.email@example.com if you have any questions.