We currently offer 10 certificate programs. Certificates are intended to accomplish three broad objectives:
- Impart specific skills and knowledge necessary develop leadership capacity and enhance managerial performance.
- Advance the career of those working to play a critical role in building strong communities.
- Connect public sector professionals to an online learning community that shapes local regions across Canada.
The links below link to descriptions of the certificates, the pedagogical rationale and the specific course requirements for each certificate.
- Introductory Certificate in Community Economic Development (3 Courses)
- Certificate in Local Government Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Financial Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Human Resource Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Administration: Law & Ethics
- Certificate in Local Government: Community Economic Development (6 Courses)
- Certificate in Local Government: Citizen Engagement and Consultation
- National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration
- Executive Certificates in Local Government Leadership
For Alberta Students
National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) Level I and NACLAA Level II
Note: To qualify for a certificate, students must complete all the requirements within a prescribed time period.
Completion of one or more of the certificate programs meets the educational requirement for certification in many provinces. For more information, please contact the professional administrators’ association in your province.
To learn more, Download our brochure [PDF - 3MB]
Electives are any course chosen from the Local Government program that you have not already completed.