One of the most important elements of any organization’s success is the quality of its leadership. In previous decades, an organization could rely on a small number of leaders to ensure its success. Today, all organizations - public, private and non-profit - live in a much more complex and competitive environment. To be successful in today’s environment, an organization must develop leadership at all levels. This program has been designed to help meet that need.
Research shows that over the next 10-15 years, millions of Canadian Baby Boomers will retire. The next generation, Gen X, is a much smaller group and will have a difficult time filling the impending "leadership gap." This is leading to a crisis in the number of leaders we will need and unfortunately Atlantic Canada is leading this trend.
All organizations require competent emerging leaders who will be able to step up to the challenges they will be facing over the coming decades. The next generation of leaders need to develop mastery over essential leadership strategies combined with the right higher-order skills such as higher-order intentions, decision-making, risk-assessment, execution, commitment and follow-through for each specific leadership challenge.
All courses can be taken as part of the certificate program or on a stand-alone basis.
- The Art and Practice of Leadership Development
- Adaptive Decision Making in a Complex World
- Personal Leadership: Leading the Self Before Leading Others
- Become a Master Negotiator
- Become a Master Presenter
- Resolving Workplace Conflict
- Mediation: Breaking the Impasse
- Personal Leadership: Deepen Your Practice of Personal Leadership