Housing and Accommodation

Summer English in Canada Program

This program includes accommodation on campus in a Dalhousie residence.

EAP Program

There are two options for housing while you study in the EAP Program: 1) a Dalhousie residence, and 2) a private accommodation off campus. Housing off campus is usually an apartment, or a room in a private house. EAP students are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.


Dalhousie has a variety of residences right on campus. There are also several cafeterias on campus open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Click here to learn about the different halls and see photos and videos of each residence.

  • Residence (May, June, July, August)
    From May-August, anyone can live in a Dalhousie residence. There is a special rate for Dalhousie students who stay for one month or longer. Click here to apply for Summer Residence.

Off-Campus housing

Most Dalhousie students live in private accommodation off campus. Many rent a house, an apartment, or an individual room. Students might also live alone, or share an accommodation with other students.

Home Stay

Please note that Dalhousie University currently does not offer a home stay option or organize a home stay program. If you decide to try to arrange a home stay through an agency that you find by yourself, please be very careful. Only work with an agency that has a good record and can assure your safety. Ask many questions, and make sure expectations are very clear.