- New Spanish Minors Programs
- Major/Double Major (4 years)
- Honours/Combined Honours (4 years)
- Available as a second subject to BSc students
- Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE)
Intercultural Communication Certificate
Dalhousie's Intercultural Communication Certificate can be taken as a supplement to your Spanish degree. The certificate recognizes academic learning, volunteer and work experience, and language skills related to the effective use of communication in diverse cultural contexts, an important skill set needed for career development in a global market. Find out more at the Intercultural Communication Certificate website.
Required high school courses:
- Four additional university preparatory courses
Recommended high school courses:
- A second language
Any student with prior knowledge of Spanish who has not studied with us before, but for whom SPAN 1021/1022 (Beginning Spanish) would be too easy, needs to take a placement test to determine the most appropriate level of class in which to register. The 1.5-hour test includes oral, written and reading comprehension components. For more information, contact the Department at 902-494-3679 or by email.
See admission requirements for additional information.
- January 9, classes begin, winter term
- April 12, exams begin
- See other important dates.
- Introductory classes average 30 students
- Upper-level classes range from 10-20 students
- March 15: deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1: for international applicants
- June 1: for Canadian and American applicants
- August 15: Dalhousie students returning to the same program or visiting students
- See the full list of application deadlines for all programs here