All application documents should be received by January 15th, for admission with financial support for the following September.
The absolute deadline for receipt of application is January 31st.
- All applicants for regular MA and PhD programmes will automatically be considered for the regular fellowship/teaching assistantship, (Special and Part-Time students are not eligible.)
- PhD applicants are normally expected to have applied for the SSHRC Pre-Doctoral fellowship, or other external funding, and should state whether they have done so on their statement of interest.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Harmonized Scholarship, the departmental deadline for application is: January 1st
To apply online, go to the Dal Online Admissions Login page.
Email the following documents to: email@example.com:
- A one-page statement of your interests*
- A short (10-20 page) sample of your written work.*
- Official transcripts should be emailed directly from any university or college you have attended.*
* not necessary for application for Special Student status
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Greg Scherkoske
Department Mailing Address:
Department of Philosophy, Dalhousie University
6135 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2