News» Go to news main
Calling all students‑ Ever thought of designing a living wall for a public space?
The Faculty of Agriculture has been asked by The Hub, formerly known as the Truro Mall, to seek student interest in a Living Wall design project to be featured in the mall near the rear entrance into the Food Court. The chosen design will it be on display at The Hub.
Living Wall Design Project
- Open to individual or group submissions.
- $1000 cash prize and recognition at site
Your design should include:
- A living wall system with appropriate plant specimens for the intended space
- A water element or feature
- Area to be covered is approximately 10’ high x 20’ wide.
- A site visit and consultation with mall project managers is included.
- Chosen designs will be asked to make a presentation to judges.
- Designs can be submitted in any chosen form- hand drawn, poster board, computer sketch, etc.
In addition to your design, a cost for the supply of the plants you have chosen must be included.
Total budget for entire Living Wall concept is maximum $25,000.
Please submit your expression of interest in writing to Chelsea Baird- Outdoor Classroom and Landscape Manager- Dalhousie University Agricultural Campus at CBaird@dal.ca
Submissions are due by January 10, 2024
- The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activites ‑ March
- Carpool Program Development Survey
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Annual Excellence in Student Leadership Awards
- Call for Expressions of Interest
- Travel to Halifax to celebrate Dalhousie's launch of African Heritage Month